033 - 4057 - 2700

Can I work in Ireland during my studies in Ireland?

• Only students attending a full time course of education of at least one year’s duration leading to qualifications recognised by the Minister for Education and Science will be permitted to take up casual employment

• Access to employment is denied to all other students

• Casual employment is defined as up to a maximum of 20 hours part time work per week, or full time work during normal college vacation periods. Such work should not interfere with your course attendance, as failure to provide evidence of a satisfactory attendance record will result in refusal of any extension to your permission to remain

• The entitlement to casual employment will cease on completion of your college course

• The stamp placed in your passport by GNIB will indicate whether or not you are permitted to take up casual employment

• If you are in doubt about this you should check with GNIB before you accept any job offer.

• Any breach of your visa conditions will lead to a review of your case and possible removal from the State